So you want to be on trend for summer 2018? Now that the sun is shining and every tree is flowering, we are going to analyze what would fashion this summer will look like. Prepare your shopping lists because I am going to bring the top 5 summer trends for 2018 that you will want to follow.
1. The nineties are back!: Mommy jeans are back! Yay! Along with so many other trends such as the round glasses, combat boots or all-in-denim, girls today are looking back to what Rachel Green in Friends would use. Is not just me who think this is going to be huge throughout 2018. New York Fashion Week screamed 90’s all over. From head to toe models showed updated versions of 1990’s style and brands are quickly catching on. Spanish fashion brand Zara, for example, is already selling coats decorated with playful pins or white sneakers. Will you let the 90’s come back?
2. Saturated colors: Yaaas! I am already loving this. Spring is nothing without color and new collections show that bold colors are trendy today. Tangerine, aubergine or marigold are totally in. Even though pastel colors are coming back this year (check the following fashion trend below) what Refinery29 is calling “paintbox colors” will be sticking in the following months. Feel free to combine, experiment and shine.
3. Pastel colors: That’s right, pastel colors are still in style. For a couple of summers now these colors have crashed every fashion brand and it seems that 2018 is going to be no exception. These ladylike items can be incorporated easily into your wardrobe as they can be combined with another pastel colors. From fancy dresses to casual outfits, these soft hues create a sweet outfit that everyone should wear this summer.
4. Satin and shine: These two, combined or independently, are going to be a must for any fashionista this summer. Shimmery tops and delicate satin dresses will give your wardrobe a touch of glory. I am in LOVE with satin being on trend. Usually thought appropriate to nightlife, as it was considered too dressy, I am extremely glad that this year I am going to be able to wear this soft and fabulous fabric.
5. Ruffles: Spring catwalks were full of ruffles. In order to bring out femininity and curves, designers such as Simone Rocha or Christopher Kein included this element in their collections on the past fashion weeks. And I get why. the delicately layered ruffle dresses look like a dream come true.
And finally, what about you? Will you try any of these summer trends? Do you think any other should be added to the list? Leave your comments down below and click the like button if you want to read more about style and fashion.
See ya next time 🙂